Sunday, February 5, 2012

Freedom's Time Machine

I sometimes like to jump into my mental time machine (you do have one, don't you?) and go back in time. What would have The Shot Heard 'Round the World at Concord Bridge looked like if the Colonists were armed with modern weapons against the British standard muskets of the time? 

So I used my Photoshop skills to 'upgrade' their weapons. Bad ass if I say so myself. But would it have mattered? Sure, the war would have ended quickly, probably at Bunker Hill if not sooner, but the reason for fighting would not have changed.

The weapons have evolved, but the reason to fight stays the same.
As my friend Jeff Williams once said,
"The Second Amendment exists so that we may kill those who attempt to rob us of our liberty."
Succinct and to the point.  Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment