Friday, April 6, 2012

The Machinery of Freedom and Liberty is Badly Broken

We see first that the machinery of freedom and Liberty is badly broken. Parts that are supposed to govern and limit each other no longer do so with any reliability.

We examine the creaking and groaning structure, and note that critical timbers have been moved from one place to another, that some parts are entirely missing, and others are no longer recognizable under the wadded layers of spit and duct tape. Other, entirely new subsystems, foreign to the original design, have been added on, bolted at awkward angles.

Over at the Smallest Minority, a recap on a post...from 2004...it is even more applicable today than it was then.

What are you going to do about it?

Make sure you watch this video from yesterday as well:


I developed a resistance to authority. Not to discipline - I learned that. But to authority. I like to think for myself. And I like to cause trouble. - Hal Holbrook

1 comment: