Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Traitor - Michele Bachman Granted Swiss Citizenship

UPDATE: Michele renounced her Swiss citizenship

The once lauded Tea Party Darling, Michele Bachman is now a citizen of Switzerland in addition to being a citizen of the United States.

She was granted citizenship on March 19th of this year.

Bachman is now eligible to run for political office in Switzerland...while still holding office in Congress.

How's that for conflict of interest?


The news was reported matter of factly by Politico yesterday, but the DC Conservative Examiner is shining light on the main issue.

 
How she thinks that she can sit in the US Congress of the United States after swearing allegiance to the country of Switzerland is beyond my comprehension.
 
 
All Americans should have a problem with any member of Congress, especially one on the House Intelligence Committee running out and becoming a citizen of another country.
 
Remember that Oath you took Ms. Bachman when you were sworn into office? It goes like this:
 
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
 
I think your recent actions make you a traitor to this country. Yes, a TRAITOR. But that's just the icing on the cake. Let's not forget your other offenses against the Constitution and the people you say you represent.

You voted in favor of the following:

NDAA (I stand corrected, a reader correctly points out she did not vote on NDAA. Thanks), Patriot Act, Food Safety Bill, CISPA, and others. You lied, you deceived, and you swore your allegiance to another country.

Step down now, resign, and GTFO because we will remember you and your traitorous cohorts when house cleaning time arrives.


4 comments:

  1. Bachmann was a "no vote" on NDAA.

    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2011/h932

    Same as one R. Paul (R-Tx).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what she said on her facebook page today:

    "I automatically became a dual citizen of the United States and Switzerland in 1978 when I married my husband, Marcus. Marcus is a dual American and Swiss citizen because he is the son of Swiss immigrants. As a family, we just recently updated our documents.

    I am proud of my husband, Marcus, the love of my life, and his Swiss heritage. Even though I have been a dual citizen since I was married in 1978, I have never exercised any rights of that citizenship. Rather, I have always pledged allegiance to our one nation under God, the United States of America. We live in the greatest nation humankind has ever known and I am proud to be an American."

    Big deal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SHOULD RESIGN THIS INSTANT ! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete