In light of the recent Aurora, Colorado theater shootings, the city of Houston has released a video that was funded by a DHS grant.
In a nutshell, they recommend the following course of action if you find yoruself in an active shooter event:
Yeah, that will work.
HOW TO SURVIVE A MASS SHOOTING
- Run if a safe path is available. Always try and escape or evacuate even if others insist on staying.
- Encourage others to leave with you but don’t let the indecision of others slow down your own effort to escape.
- Once you are out of the line of fire, try to prevent others from walking into the danger zone and call 9-1-1.
- If you can’t get out safely, find a place to hide.
- When hiding, turn out lights, remember to lock doors and silence your ringer and vibration mode on your cell phone
- As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight.
After all, it worked in Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, and many many many others before that.
Watch this crap and feign surprise when the shooter didn't obey the 'no guns' sign on the main door when he entered.
And being that this video was made in Texas, you have to wonder why they didn't opt to show people pulling out their guns and shooting the bastard.
Too politically incorrect I suppose.