Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Inmate's Leg Broken by Jailers, Likens to Homeland Security Exercise


Deputies at the (People's Republik of) Boulder County Jail fractured an inmate's leg, twisted his ankle and then denied him medical care for days, according to a lawsuit filed this week in federal court by
Robert Kirkland.
"They lost control," Kirkland said. "I felt like a training exercise for homeland security."
Ha! When police brutality is likened to a homeland security training exercises, does that make you feel more secure, or are you starting to figure it out yet?
“See, people with power understand exactly one thing: violence.”
― Noam Chomsky
Read the rest of this all too common story here.

Isn't it funny how there are never any cameras where there should be?

I hope he bankrupts them!

1 comment:

  1. For 12 years I work for TDCJ (Texas prison system). 9 years as a guard and 2 in a factory as a prod supv.

    This was/is a very common occurrence. You have these young kids who have never held a job in the real world. They get this job to supervise the inmates daily activities and they don't really know how.

    In steps the Sgt/Lt/supv to mentor/coach them. Now these supv's have been to the school that the the Maj/wardens have been to.

    You control/supv the inmates by intimidation, fear & violence.

    It is a vicious circle that self propagates. No body wants to really learn any management skills. It would upset the system and as your post shows, sometimes examples need to be made to keep the others in line.

    I used to have the same attitude when I began. After several fights w/ inmates an old convict (trustee) took me aside and explained some tings to me and it changed how I managed tie inmates.

    I was still a hard ass and made them mind the rules, but I was fair.

    Just my .02 from experience.

    ReplyDelete