Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dark Arts for Good Guys: The .22 LR Pistol and You

Walther TPH .22LR

The .22 LR round is often overlooked and passed over in favor of 'man-stopper' rounds.

Through personal experience I will say this: I do not ever want to get shot with one again.
Once upon time I spent a week with a retired CIA spook who was kind enough...well actually he was paid, to give me some training in electronic counter measures, lock picking and a few other useful skills that would aid me in some of my....um...future en devours.

One evening after a steak dinner someplace he went to pay the tab and was looking for a pen or something in one of his pants pockets and in the process laid out a well worn pocket holster with a small automatic resting inside. It turned out to be a well worn blued Walther TPH (German made). Having never seen a TPH before and wanting to know more about this Walther PPK someone had left in the dryer I asked to see it.

Complete with a threaded barrel the little piece was chambered in .22 long rifle and he smiled a bit and said "if that little gun could talk." He told me of a few misadventures surrounding the piece but, it was his parting remark that stuck with me "If you are lucky enough to travel around the world armed and doing it mainly alone do yourself a favor always carry a .22 pistol, regardless of anything else you pack."
Read the rest of Matthew's informative post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment