She released this on Monday. Verbatim below.
Nothing ground-breaking but thought you might like to hear from the horses ass, er I mean mouth...mmm no, I mean ass, for yourself.
Highlights added for emphasis.
New AWB sounds a lot like the old AWB.
Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress
Stops sale of more than 100 assault weapons; protects gun owners by exempting more than 900 specific hunting and sporting weapons
Washington—Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), author of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban that expired in 2004, announced on Sunday that she will introduce updated legislation early next year.“On the first day of the new Congress, I intend to introduce a bill stopping the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons as well as large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds,” Feinstein said. “I am in the process of gathering support for the bill in the Senate and House.”
“I have been working with my staff for over a year on this legislation,” Feinstein added. “It will be carefully focused on the most dangerous guns that have killed so many people over the years while protecting the rights of gun owners by exempting hundreds of weapons that fall outside the bill’s scope. We must take these dangerous weapons of war off our streets.”
A Justice Department study found the Assault Weapons Ban was responsible for a 6.7 percent decline in total gun murders. However, since the 2004 expiration of the bill, assault weapons have been used in at least 459 incidents, resulting in 385 deaths and 455 injuries.
A summary of key provisions in the updated bill:
- Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- exempting more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes; and
- exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.###
Evil Black Rifle parts and magazines have been flying off the shelves. Many vendors are out of stock with no ETA on when they'll be available again.
Panic buying and price gouging has set in.
Some dealers are holding their prices steady.
Brownell's is allowing back order purchasing on Magpul - AR-15/M16 PMAG Polymer Magazine 10-Pak's. Great price too. Use code DSR at checkout to receive free shipping.
The first session of the new Congress is January 6th.