- H.R. 21 To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms.
- H.R. 34 To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 35 To restore safety to America’s schools.
- H.R. 65 To prevent children’s access to firearms.
- H.R. 117 To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns.
- H.R. 133 To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.
- H.R. 137 To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.
- H.R. 138 To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 141 To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.
- H.R. 142 To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.
H.R. 35 and H.R. 133 are the only ones I can support....
Two freshman Republicans introduced contrary bills that would end federal law requiring that areas around schools be designated as "gun free zones." These bills, H.R. 35 from Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) and H.R. 133 from Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), are a response to findings that violence in and around schools has increased since the gun free zone law took effect in 1990.Go visit The Hill for a more in depth posting on these 10 Bills.
"By disarming qualified citizens and officials in schools we have created a dangerous situation for our children," Stockman said. "In the 22 years before enactment of 'gun free school zones' there were two mass school shootings.
"In the 22 years since enactment of 'gun free schools' there have been 10 mass school shootings," he added. "Not only has the bill utterly failed to protect our children it appears to have placed them in danger."