Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Gun Owner's Manifesto of Enlightenment


When a gun owner has finally realized what he's up against, he comes to the same conclusion as this man.

Perhaps you've already figured it out.

So, the argument that "guns kill people" is null and irrelevant to the discussion.

Lots of things kill people.  That's not relevant to our civil rights.


Now, over this position, I've had at least 5 death threats (though of course, no "liberal" actually has the balls to attempt so). 


I've twice been reported to Family Services on the grounds that I have guns in the house, which means I'm a danger to my kids (which complaints were laughed at, here in Indiana). 


I've been accused of racism...because I own guns.


I've been accused of fascism…because I own guns.


I've been called a coward…no "real man" needs a gun to protect himself.  This is a surprise to me as a veteran, who carried guns regularly for the purpose of protecting myself and others, but what do I know?


I've been called a "Fat, Fox News watching, McDonald's munching, inbred, retarded, drooling redneck imbecile."

 
I've been told I have a small penis.


I've been told I'm insane to "imagine fighting the government" by people with no military experience who also hate the government, sometimes for the same reasons.


I've had a date tell me I "seem so normal, for a gun nut."


I've been called a "rightwinger."  Indeed.  A gay/female/black/abortion/separation of church and state/free speech supporting rightwinger.


I've been told this right doesn't exist, that if it exists I can't "pretend" it's more important than wage inequality for women, or gay marriage. 


When the Heller Decision was decided in favor of gun ownership, I was told "I hope you all shoot yourselves with guns, because I can't marry the man I love!" by an alleged friend. 


There's apparently a "Right to feel safe," and my owning a gun destroys it, because I might shoot someone.  However, if I say a gun makes me feel safe, I'm paranoid and insane.


I've been told I support "baby killers."


I've been threatened with having my Wikipedia page vandalized, by someone who claimed he was more of a man than me. 


I've been told I can't be trusted.  How can anyone know I won't go on a shooting spree, because I own an "assault rifle"?


So much for liberal tolerance.


I didn't realize I was so evil and hateful an individual I deserved to be treated in such fashion.


But when I look at the arguments, I think they may be correct...

This is worth your time.

Read it all at The Sacred Cow Slaughter House.


1 comment:

  1. And here I thought I discovered something new and enlightening all by myself.... :D
    Apparently great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete