Monday, April 15, 2013

Hurrican Katrina: Military Snipers Engaging U.S. Citizens?


This opinion editorial from SOFREP refers to 'rumors' and 'I heard from so-and-so' statements.
In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many active duty Spec Ops snipers (some Navy SEALs), took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company), Blackwater.

Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M).

read more
I would hope that none of our SF teams were participating in taking out U.S. civilians. From what I've been told, the only ones who would most likely to participate in this type of activity would be Delta Force. Although others can't be ruled out. Remember Waco?

Anyone out there who can confirm if any of this actually occurred? Preferably from someone who was there with boots on the ground.

Something to think about when the SHTF, either natural events or man made events.

4 comments:

  1. Come on...

    You have a great blog, that I have been reading for a while. But lately you are feeding us these "tinfoil hat" stories. They lack credibility.

    Don't you think you have a responsibility to ferret out the truth BEFORE posting? This just contributes to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill, thanks for reading. I'm not completely buying this story which is why I posted it and ask for confirmation.

      Delete
  2. I think it is awfully convenient that the author quotes a conversation with a dead SEAL. It adds the appearance of weight to the story, but cannot be corroborated.

    To me, it just doesn't make sense, even in the light of events like Waco and Danziger bridge. Why would they use tier 1 jsoc for crowd control? Cui bono? Around the President, sure. For a city tearing itself apart, why bother? These men and their tools represent a massive investment of time and money. Using them for this would be like taking a Lamborghini to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So none of the commenters read the source article?

    This isn't a "tinfoil hat" story. It's a fact. And thanks for posting it, especially given its incredible timeliness, mere hours before the feds again moved in and occupied an American city w/out regard to the Constitution.

    I'm also amazed people doubt that a person who is paid to kill for money, somehow still has a moral compass to differentiate between an "American bad man" and "foreign bad man."

    ReplyDelete